Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tuesday/Wednesday


Tuesday: We payed the mechanic and picked up our van. $2855. I don't know how many koruny that is. The less I think about the cost of the new engine, etc, the better. I've already figured how many trips to Brno that amounts to. The mechanic seems like a very nice guy, honest, and genuinely interested in his work, something that is a real rarity in any profession these days. I took the van to a self serve carwash and gave it a good cleaning inside and out; I even shampooed the carpets.
Wednesday: This was how I spent my day.
Up at 6:30am
Got Bram ready for school. He was having a hard time wanting to go, so we watched a little Pat a Mat, which improved our moods.
Had two cups of coffee and checked my email.
Called my mother.
Called the insurance company about the van (no, they aren't paying for anything).
Started watching Kolya.
Stopped watching the movie to make a cake.
Went to lunch with Thomas at Five Spices, the Indian restaurant, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our first date. I confess, this was Thomas's idea. I'm afraid I'm not even good at planning special activities for our wedding anniversary, but Thomas always remembers such things.
Bought new windshield wipers for the Toyota.
Took a nap with Thomas (We're practicing for retirement).
Checked my email.
Took burritos from Taco Bell to Bram's art lessons.
Came home and watched a little more of Kolya.
Put the icing on the cake (strawberry in the middle, cream cheese on the outside).
Washed dishes.
Picked Bram up from art lessons.
Had a piece of the cake.
Started dinner (Vegetarian chili).
Poured a glass of wine and finished watching Kolya.
Dinner.
Watched the Obama/Clinton debate.
Pondered, as usual, the predicament of me and the other Yellow Dogs

No comments: