Thursday, April 10, 2008

The ONLY Sensible Thing

We went to the video store yesterday to check out a little entertainment only to find that our beloved source of movies is going out of business. We have been paying about $15 a month for what amounts to a subscription for the privilege of checking out unlimited DVDs (3 at a time, we chose the cheapest plan). It was cheaper, by two thirds than basic cable TV and the quality is a million times better. So, it isn't a happy thing for us. I insisted that we do the only sensible thing; drive straight to the grocery store to buy ice cream! A half gallon (about 2 litres) of all natural butter pecan for me, and birthday cake flavor for Bram. Thomas opted to just share ours. I had to try Bram's since I am such a big fan of birthday cake (Really. I insist on it at least 3 times a year). Birthday cake ice cream... . Well, I am happier now. To be honest, though, I have to admit that my having a happiness may have more to do with our coming to Brno than with the ice cream. Can you say, "non-refundable flight tickets"?

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

We have that birthday cake thing in common. I've had a cake from Rhodes Bakery in Mountain Park ever since I was four. It's the quintessential birthday cake with shortening & sugar icing. Mmmmmmmm. How long do you get to stay in Brno?