Monday, April 21, 2008

Eco Bags: Test Run


I finally got around to making some of these T-shirt bags yesterday that I learned about from Gwen . I made a few changes in the basic instructions just for the heck of it. I added a strap from the long sleeves I cut off so that one bag will go over the shoulder and across the chest like a messenger bag. I used the little belt from one shirt to make a shoulder strap for it, and put a pocket on one. I really don't care much for toting things in my hands because I am too likely to set them down and forget where I put them. I made one little draw string bag without straps, and five or six of the 'basic' bags. This morning I used three of my t-shirt bags at the grocery store. The bags worked great and were a lot more pleasant to hold on to than the usual plastic ones or my canvas bags. I liked the stretchy striped one the best; it will expand to hold a lot and then shrink back small when it's empty. The cashiers at the store liked the bags, too. Bram rather likes this idea since it means he can now use his favorite dinosaur shirt as a bag and save it from the yard sale or the rag bag.