Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sharks at School!

Here he is, our little scientist. Today he and his classmates dissected sharks in science class. I arrived just in time to see him complete the removal of one of the shark's eyes. I watched as they removed the brain. Who wouldn't love science with lessons like this? As I was leaving, his teacher talked to me about what a remarkable child Bram is. She said he is a natural scientist (we don't call him Mr Empirical for nothing), talked about what a joy he is to have in her class, and was enthusiastic about our taking him for some underwater snorkeling next week. (I'll tell you about that later. It's an early Christmas present.) She also said that we should consider scuba lessons for him since he's so interested in marine biology. He's just the kind of kid who would love that more than he would a new bike. Okay, I know I am bragging. But I am his mother. What? Is some other child's mother going to brag on him?