Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gifts


Bram saw this little racoon family today as they trundled along under the footbridge over the spring. By the time I got my camera, one of the babies had scampered away and the mother had retreated to safety up a tree with the other one. I confess I was filled with unaccountable joy at being allowed to see them. It always feeds something deep inside me to see a mother care for her babies even though today, that joy was tempered a bit by my feelings for the mother as she trembled in her fear and determination to keep her young safe.
I am grateful for gifts such as this, for being allowed to see that regardless of how I am feeling or how I think my world is, somewhere there is actually quite a lot going along that is just as it should be. It gives me some faith that things for me will eventually be as they should be, too.

No comments: