Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday: Meet Bill Clinton


Do you know who this is? Do you know how I managed to get such a close-up photo? It's that time again. Actually, it's a bit early for that time again, but South Carolina is a politically powerful state because it votes early in the nomination process. The party primaries in South Carolina follow those in Iowa and New Hampshire. This year, the primaries are so early because the bigger states like Florida, Michigan, and California moved theirs to an earlier date oddly, to compete with the early primaries in the little states (Iowa, South Carolina and New Hampshire. With Bush's unpopularity, it will be interesting to see what happens in this very Republican state.
So, I met Bill Clinton. I listened to his speech (he uses words like "obviate"--the kind of word that the current President couldn't spell even with it right in front of him), and he seems to me more genuine than any Republican candidate I have ever known. I like Bill. I always have. But, I still might not vote for Hillary. We'll see. I am what is known as a Yellow Dog Democrat. That means I have very strong party loyalties: I would vote for a yellow dog if he were the Democratic candidate. I guess it is like my mother-in-law says, "You can't beat out of the blood what's bred into the bone." Bill. sigh. My hero.