Saturday, October 6, 2007

Czech This Out

This is turning into a nice week. Bram has been steadily working on a project for school which he will finish tomorrow, a full 5 days before it is due. I have baked two cakes in less than a week (and three in less than two weeks). Friend Lenka has mailed me Becherovka, which should be arriving soon, and today has been the best day so far. Thomas and Bram and I were unsuccessful in our search of the thrift stores today for dinosaur toys, but we did find a bommerang and a glass pie dish. And we went to the Spartanburg International Festival, where Bram discovered an unknown talent for cricket, and we found CZECHS! Well, they are Americans now, but they were all born in Brno. I took a few photos of a few of the displays, so you can see what good ambassadors for the Czech Republic this family is. I realize that my great fondness for all things Czech could cloud my judgment in such matters, but I am sure that the Czech tent was the most professional, most thorough, most interesting and attractive booth at the festival. Do you know how I can say this? It was always the most crowded, of course! But honestly, maybe it was the charm of the Czechs who created and tended it that drew so many people.

No comments: