Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back to School: Signature Water and Dancing Cow


Today was Bram's first day back at school. After we took him to school and walked him to his class, we drove over to the office supply store to get a couple more things. On the way we encountered a dancing cow and a girl hawking (ie trying to "sell") free chicken biscuits at the Chic-Fil-A. We didn’t take advantage of the free offer, but while we were stopped at the traffic light, I took video of the person dancing around in the cow suit. And here it is for you to see the ridiculous lengths we capitalists will go to for a buck. Or what silly American jobs there are. Or the kind of silliness that will make me laugh. In case you’re wondering, I didn’t get the free food because although the sandwiches at Chic-Fil-A are really really good, I can’t afford all of the fat and calories right now, even if they are free.
The school served signature water at the Parents' Club picnic yesterday. Signature water is bottled water with customized labels and is usually called private label water. People here buy it for company and school functions, health clubs, and weddings and other parties as a way to promote something, to raise money, or to commemorate some event. It's quite popular these days. It costs from about fifty cents to a dollar and half per bottle to have it made, depending on how many cases of it that you buy. In Czech crowns, that is between 10 and 30 Kc per bottle! So, what do you think about that? Yes, I know. I think so, too. And that is one more reason why I miss you so much. Now, if you will pardon me, I have to go calculate how many of these bottles equals one air ticket to Prague.

No comments: